Thursday, May 15, 2014

Expect the Unexpected

Work, kids, life...I guess we should always expect the unexpected.  At work I have some competing opportunities that I might have to make a decision on soon. At home my kid is just a barrel of surprises, like tonight and her marathon second wind.  Health/weight wise, I was genuinely surprised to see the number on the scale that I saw yesterday.  I was just lower than I expected. It made me realize how off track I get on the weekends, and how badly that has affected my weight loss efforts.  I have a good weigh in, then what?  Then the unexpected.  A boxed lunch at work that was a cookie and pretzels  a roast beef sandwich, the happy hour!!  Then today a buffet breakfast for work (carb central) and another boxed lunch then snacks galore, and another happy hour.

I seem to always derail after a victory.  By weakness on my part, or events leading to lots of eating out and decadent food.  I could abstain.  Which would mean I wouldn't eat.  But I indulge, and enjoy and start again tomorrow.

That's the beauty.  I can always start again tomorrow ....or right now.    

No comments: