Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Holding my Breath

So I had a pretty indulgent weekend.  Nothing beyond salvation, but too much food and wine.  And I expected a decent jump on the scale, but to my surprise it not only remained steady but dropped a pound.  I'm not getting too excited, because the scale is a finicky bitch.  But I have kept up with my tough workouts this week. Pushing myself with the kettle bells, and getting my cardio in.  I even fixed my heart rate monitor - so hopefully I will be able to get a better read on my calorie burn during lifting.

I am really liking the lifting - I love getting stronger.  No definition yet, but the inches are going down.  And that is all I can ask.  Part of me would love to get to my goal by the time I get pregnant again, but that might be too much.  I prefer taking my time right now.  Being able to indulge a bit and learn and tweak as I go.  Not stressing about every week and every pound.

I know I will still freak out in the future - I expect nothing less of myself. :) But I feel like I'm getting better, and that is what matters.

No comments: