Monday, May 5, 2014

The Great Re-Boot of 2014

It has been five years….five...years since my last blog post. And what a five years it’s been. Last I wrote I was recently laid off and adrift. Not know what I wanted or where I belonged. My weight was creeping up and my self-esteem was dropping fast.

Soon after my last post I made the decision to move to Richmond to be with my boyfriend. A big deal since I had no job and no prospects of a job. I got a job. I love my job. I married my boyfriend. We have a kid.

 Going through my old posts, I thought about keeping them. Remembering where I was at that time. But I’m so far away from that now. I read them, I remember that time, I don’t need to see it on this blog every day. My weight has creeped back up. Not up to my all-time highest, but high enough. My goal is to get back to 160-170lb range. But this time I want to go slower, healthier. Build better habits and not race to the “finish.” I would love for it to happen overnight, but last time I rushed it, it became unsustainable. So that was this latest blog incarnation is going to be. A chronicle of my journey through this adventure of life, trying to find balance, purpose and health.

It won’t always be pretty, but it will be honest.

No comments: